Sunday, May 16, 2010

Boulettes de courgettes

Or, as I like to call them: zucchini balls. These are made with grated zucchini, minced chili peppers, onion, and ginger, and chick pea flour. Then they're deep fried until golden brown. It's a great vegetarian dish and they're surprisingly delicious.

The balls are formed and ready for frying.

You can eat them with any sauce. Ranch dressing would be good. Ken made a spicy dip with fromage frais de chèvre (fresh goat cheese) for this batch. We ate them alongside some spicy chili and guacamole. A terrific combination.

This batch made thirty boulettes. Yum!

I don't remember where the recipe came from, but I found it a few years back when we had a surplus of zucchini from the garden. Since then, I grate our extra squash in the food processor and freeze it in zip-top bags. Then, when the mood strikes, I can thaw it out and make a batch of balls.

11 comments:

  1. OMG-- Between you and Ken-- I think I'm gaining weight from your pictures!! hahaha!! I think a summer picnic chez vous is in order... hehe!

    If we come straight over-- I'll bring the desserts!!!

    We'll have to plan for June sometime.. Are you both around this summer?
    Have a great Sunday!
    Leese

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously falling in love with you. Well, your cooking at least! Have you made any cooking videos? Have you thought about it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know full well that I'd be all over those balls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Korean friend makes a flat version of your zuke balls- they are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An interesting combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sound so good. Falafel with zucchini, yes?

    Can you share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. leesa, we're around doing painting and finish work on the attic.

    cubby, no cooking videos yet. Do you remember a show called "Cookin' Cheap?"

    alewis, veggie balls. Yes, I thought of you.

    evelyn, sounds good!

    emm, I never thought of it that way, but much more zucchini than flour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a lurker - Walt doesn't know me from Adam, but I had to find this recipe. It took a bit of searching, but here you go:
    http://www.cookstr.com/recipes/zucchini-ldquomeatballsrdquo

    ReplyDelete
  9. danmar7, thanks! I completely spaced on posting the recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look very, very good! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  11. writer, and they are (were)!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!