Monday, May 17, 2010

Un tout petit escargot

I took my camera on Sunday's morning walk with Callie once again. As I was leaning down to take a picture of some fraises des bois (wild strawberries), I noticed this tiny snail on a leaf. It's so small that I assume it's a youngster. And there seem to be little hairs on its shell. I've never seen anything like that before.

This snail is not more than a few millimeters in diameter. Tiny!

I had to take about five photos of it to get this good one.

6 comments:

  1. Walt, it looks very cute. It will be eating your vegetables and looking a lot bigger and much less cute before you know it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hairy snail sounds like some kind of euphemism, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I've never seen a snail with hair. I wonder if he/she uses a dandruff shampoo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people just prefer a more hairy snail I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such beauty in something so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. jean, well this one won't be eating our veggies... it was way out in the vineyard. By the time it crawls all the way to our house, well, it might be the next century.

    tornwordo, hmmmmm....

    starman, something with rain water in it, probably.

    mark, I don't think I'll go there...

    michael, sometimes the littlest things are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!