Thursday, November 15, 2018

Sail away

We saw a lot of sailboats on our trip to the coast. Well, duh. But really, who owns all these sailboats? I know the French are really, really into sailing, but these boats must cost a fortune, not to mention the expense of docking them in a marina. I did notice that there are many businesses that rent sailboats, so they're not all individually owned. Still...

A couple of catamarans parked on the beach.

Having grown up inland, I don't have much experience with sailing. It's not something I've done or ever wanted to do. But I can row a boat, canoe? Hehe... a little nautical humor there.

4 comments:

  1. I used to sail all the ti,e ... with friends with boats... on the Long Island Sound. I loved it! And for them it was like owning a second home... or in some fortunate cases, a third.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sailing! I lived on a sailboat in the Bahamas for two years when I was younger, much younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, your friends, the Gatsbys! ;)

    bettyann, wow! That sounds like an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. heh heh heh; canoe canoe? an old after shave commercial comes to mind... HNY to you and your house!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!