Saturday, October 21, 2006

Georgia Aquarium

Yesterday Ken, his mom, and I went to the new aquarium in Atlanta. We stayed in a friend's condo (warm thanks to Buddy and Charlotte) which was very, very comfortable. After a quick lunch with our friend Evelyn, we headed down Peachtree Street to the big fish tank.

This is the central atrium of the Georgia Aquarium. Very patriotic, eh? A red, white and blue wave.

This is the beluga whale tank. I didn't get pix of the whales but I did get some of the crowd watching a diver clean the inside of the tank.

The large show tank includes skates among the many fish above your head and behind a huge acrylic window.

That's all for today. I'll post some more phish photos the next time we get an internet connection. Today we're on our way back to NC from Atlanta. We're spending the night in Rock Hill, SC, just south of Charlotte, NC. Tomorrow we'll do the rest of the trip back to the coast where we've rented a condo on Atlantic Beach for a week.

Ken and I have both been sick with head colds and need to stay put for a while to rest and recover. Many thanks to Evelyn and Lewis for recommending OTC medicines that worked (and continue to work) to relieve our symptoms!

3 comments:

  1. It is fun to look at your trip. I hope you can relax the next week and get over your colds. We miss you guys! L&L

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your (and Ken's) blog, and check in frequently. I especially enjoy your photos of your home and the fabulous food you two prepare!

    Sorry to hear you've been sick, but would really love to know what the otc medicines are that actually work!

    Enjoy your rest at the beach,

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for the great photos!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!