Thursday, October 26, 2006

Photo Du Jour

A shrimp boat plies the waters off the coast of North Carolina. This photo was taken from the balcony of our rented condo on Atlantic Beach.

We're planning to take advantage of sunshine to visit Fort Macon this morning and this afternoon we're going to the newly expanded North Carolina aquarium. Our friend Peter from Washington, DC, drove down yesterday to spend a few days here, so he'll be accompanying us on our adventures.

Our colds are getting better, but some symptoms are lingering. I'm sleeping much better now and that makes a great difference.

Last night we went to the Sanitary Fish Market for dinner. Ken had fried jumpin' mullets, Peter had fried grey trout, and I had fried shrimp and scallops. Yum! I love good fried seafood, and they make it good down here!

4 comments:

  1. Hope the hushpuppies were good!
    --Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "Fish at the Georgia Aquarium" photo is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eleanor: I'm LOVING the hushpuppies, but I have to be careful not to fill up on them before the main dish comes... they just expand in my tummy.

    Susan: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!