Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The clearing

Last fall, the ground here was bare, except for the litter of dead leaves, cut branches, and sawdust. This past spring, nature began to reclaim the woods. In the center of this shot, you can just barely make out a couple of the stacks of meter-long logs. They have been left to dry; I suppose that one day they'll be hauled out for firewood.

Lots of new growth in this cleared out section of the woods.

If you look closely, you'll see a small sapling on the ground across the path in the foreground. When I walked down through here on Tuesday evening, I noticed that someone had cut it up and cleared the path. Last week, I took a pair of pruners along with me and cut a bunch of thorny vines that were encroaching on the path. Just a little maintenance makes the walk more pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!