Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Of dreams and red leaves

There's something a little special about this photo. I didn't even notice it when I took the picture, but once the image was up on the computer, there it was. Can you see it?

You can run, but you can't hide.

Last night, I had one of those vivid dreams one has from time to time. The kind you actually remember. Ken and I were out to dinner with the Two Fat Ladies: Jennifer Paterson (who passed away in 1999) and Clarissa Dickson Wright. In the lobby we ran into an older gentleman with a closely cropped white beard. He was dressed in what looked like a military uniform from the British Raj in India. He didn't say much. Jennifer slyly referred to Clarissa with some impressive British title, and the restaurant staff treated us like royalty. I remember one of our numerous appetizers was lobster, in the shell, one for each of us. Unfortunately, that's the only part of the meal I remember.

6 comments:

  1. Jennifer Patterson used to live just round the corner from where I used to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the beginning to a great book mystery to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner with one or both of the Two Fat Ladies, I think, would have been a blast.

    The photo is magical. At first I thought you were talking about the beautiful web "finishing" off the leaf. I love discovering the surprise you captured without even realizing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to check the photo twice and yes, I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. boris the spider lives behind the pretty read leaf.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!