Thursday, June 05, 2008

Photo Du Jour : L'Ile-St.-Louis

The Ile-Saint-Louis is one of the two islands in the center of Paris. There were originally about seven islands, but over the centuries they were consolidated to two.

The north side of the Ile-Saint-Louis, seen from the Pont de Sully.

Saint-Louis is the smaller of the two, more residential, and home to the famous ice cream maker, Berthillon. I had a cone of coconut ice cream last Wednesday night after dinner while taking a walk around the island.

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see you are still blogging away! How nice to be able to escape to Paris! I should be in better contact for the next few months, as I am off for the Summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mpabner, welcome back to the blogosphere! Glad you're finding the time again. Must've been a busy semester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I've sat just there and eaten Berthillon icecream :-)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!