Sunday, February 22, 2009

Two Years Old

Today is Callie's birthday! She is two years old today.

Woofy birfday.

So young, but still. A far cry from her first year of puppy-hood when I thought I would have to kill her. She's matured a lot, but she still has many of her puppy traits. And I'm constantly amazed at how she understands words.

Border collies are known for being very smart dogs. But most dogs are smart, aren't they? Or, at least, we think they are because they respond to us humans in a very recognizable way. And we wouldn't have it any other way, would we?

Happy birthday, little dog. Many more.

And, this being her birthday, she had me up at 5:30 am to go outside. Her little tummy was making gurgling noises and she did a little whimper thing every now and again. Can't ignore that. So it was up, lights on, semi-dressed, and out the back door.

After about fifteen minutes of eating grass and who knows what else (I don't go out with her; it's two degrees out there), she came bounding back in the house. Lights off, back to bed for another hour and a half. But we're up now, updating the blog and waiting for morning light before going out for a walk.

14 comments:

  1. Awwwwww!!! Happy Birthday Callie girl!!!
    I hope it's going to be a wonderful one for you!! Enjoy your 2 years as a dog and what is that 14 in human years?? She's a teenager!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS.. I meant to say 2 human years and 14 dog years! It's still early for me, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bon anniversaire, ma petite Callie. Je t'apporterai ton cadeau quand je rentrerai.

    (Word verification is plabug. Is that what Callie has?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bon Anniversaire, Callie! And many happy returns. You are one lucky dog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's amazing how quickly eating a little grass c an calm the canine stomach.....is a special dinner in store? Happy B'day Callie dog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyeux Anniversaire chère Callie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to a beautiful and lively young dog. I remember your affectionate kisses--was it me, or was it my tasty sunblock?

    I think Callie is old enough now to have her own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to the second most cute dog in the whole wide world (I had to say that....Mason's next to me and would be terribly upset if I said otherwise!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to Callie! I see that you are on friendly terms with President Sarko. I haven't been back to France since he was elected so I don't know what to think of him, except for the 60 mn interview. (Tous les politiciens sont coupes du meme tissu). I bet the salon de l'agriculture is interesting to see. I went to the floralie at porte de Vincennes once and it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Callie! Lots of bones and chewy toys for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems like only yesterday that you were thinking about getting her.

    Happy birthday, Callie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to the pooch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Callie says to thank all of you for your well-wishes! She had a very enjoyable day playing, walking, running, fetching, eating, napping, snoozing, licking, and barking.

    Now that it's a new day, she can start all over again.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!