Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Weather warp

This photo looks like it could have been taken on a beautiful autumn day. It was taken last week. Our waning winter has been a mild one this year, with only a few dips below the freezing mark since December. We're expecting another sunny and warm weekend.

Sunrise in the woods on a winter morning.

But it's still only February! The vernal equinox is a month away. I have these nagging feelings that I should be getting spring chores done, and maybe I should, but it's too early for many of them. I feel like at any moment we could be snapped back into winter weather. Thus my hesitation. One thing I can do is pick up the fallen sticks and branches in the yard and stack them for kindling. They're dry enough now. In fact, I had a fire in the stove yesterday. The house, being built of brick and tile, takes a while to warm up after the chill of winter so, while it might be nice outdoors, it still feels cool inside.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, that's another really nice photo, Walt.
    We're right in there between freezing and slushy outside today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picking up sticks is on my to do list here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two roads diverged in a yellow wood . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. judy, slushy is yucky, especially when it re-freezes. Be careful out there!

    evelyn, I didn't get to it yesterday...

    emm, :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!