Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Winter view

Our winters are quite mild compared to where I just came from. Still, even though we had ice and snow during my visit to upstate New York, everyone told me that, except for that week, their winter has been unusually mild. I guess I was in the right place at the wrong time.

A winter view of our little hamlet from out in the vineyards.

January and February are normally our coldest months. But not this year. We haven't even been close to seeing snow so far this year. We usually have a snowfall or two each winter, and it doesn't amount to much. But this year has been all rain, no snow. Some of the flowering trees have blossoms now, which feels quite early. If the grapes bud out early, and we have a freeze in April, there will be trouble.

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh, the ups and downs of weather each year. It's interesting to follow from year to year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this photo which clearly shows your large sapin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely picture of your lovely hamlet. Love the new picture of Tasha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warmer than usual even here most days. And beautiful skies as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do live in a wonderful place filled with natural beauty and man-made interest. I hope there is no problem with a freeze after budding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. judy, yes, weather. Everyone talks about it, but, well, you know the rest!

    evelyn, it's a big tree!

    bettyann, she turns 3 this weekend, so I thought a more recent photo was due.

    mitch, I'm worried about freezes in April.

    thickethouse, so do I, but that last couple of years have had them. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!