Saturday, July 18, 2009

St.-Aignan-Sur-Cher

We live in a very small town in the Loir-et-Cher département, which is located in the region called le Centre. The population of our town is about 1,000 people. Next to us is the larger town of Saint-Aignan-sur-Cher, with a population of about 5,000.

A tourist map of St.-Aignan-sur-Cher.

This past Tuesday, we went into St.-Aignan for an evening drink with our guests from Normandy. It was a lot of fun sitting in a café in town and people watching. After our drinks, we took a short walk around town and snapped some photos.

And lucky (or not) for you, I'm going to post some of those photos over the next few days! This first one is a map of St.-Aignan. I couldn't take the picture straight-on because there was a huge shrub growing in front of the sign. Not very practical, eh?

6 comments:

  1. I hope you will post
    Thanks to you I am seeing all of France !
    I shall sponsor you a trip to Avingon, and to Bordeaux, but only for the L bank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, great! I'm very excited that you'll be showing the pictures of St. Aignan! Now, when you say:

    We live in a very small town in the Loir-et-Cher département, which is located in the region called le Centre. The population of our town is about 1,000 people. Next to us is the larger town of Saint-Aignan-sur-Cher

    ... then what is the name of your town?

    Judy

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it fun to go to the 'big' city every now and then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for pointing out where your small town is. I made note of it the first time I saw you live on my blog, with my little globe widget. I love that you share your pictires & I remain a fan of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. urspo, ok, you're on! ;)

    judy, I'll send you a message.

    starman, fer sure. It sometimes does feel that way, what with parking, traffic, and pedestrians!

    stephen, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We keep the name of our village a secret!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!