One of our neighbors has beautiful calla lilies in her garden every year.
So here is one of the first photos (that I'm willing to share) that I worked on in Lightroom. Right away, I've noticed two things. First, the raw format is what they say. Each image is huge and contains much more detail than a camera-processed jpeg. That gives me a lot more to work with from the start.
Second, I'm really seeing a difference in my lenses. I used my 100mm macro lens to take the close-up shots I've been posting recently. It's a much better lens than the 18-55mm zoom kit lens I used to take today's photo. The images taken with the fixed lens are much sharper than those taken with the zoom, and it's very noticeable in the raw format.
Otherwise, I'm trying to cope with all the other aspects of the new program. In addition to learning how the different controls affect the images, I'm trying to adjust to the interface and navigation within the program itself (it's like work!). File handling is a little more complex than I'm used to. Storage will be a challenge, as the raw images are coming in at around 20mb each. Ken has a large external hard drive he's not using, so I may plug that in and use it for photo storage.