Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Cakes in margaritaville

On Monday we visited friends J & N for afternoon "tea." We started with N's freshly made margaritas and a selection of home-baked cakes. J had made individual financier-style cakes with strawberries, a very light apricot cake, and a stylish pumpkin spice cake. I think we each tasted each one. Then some coffee before driving back home. It was a little breezy, but otherwise sunny and pleasant.

A good (and delicious) time was had by all.

It was Callie's first ride in the new car. I can't tell you whether she likes it any more (or less) than the other car. She puts up with it, but riding in the car is still not her favorite thing to do.

4 comments:

  1. I guess, as long as Callie has got company in the car she must like it ( or put up with it as you say). Does she stick her head outside the window?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Callie curls up on the back seat and trembles at the beginning of a ride in the car. She stops trembling after a few minutes but she never lifts up her head to even see what is passing by outside the car windows. She just hates it.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my.... my, my, my.... what a beautiful setting, and fabulous goodies to enjoy! Love this table, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow delicious fantastic cakes

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!