Monday, June 15, 2015

Rainy days

It rained off and on through the day on Sunday and through the night as well. All is wet outdoors this morning, and there are still some showers moving through. It's all gentle rain, no wind to speak of. My rain barrels are full again (they collect rain water from the roof), so the next time I need to water the garden it will be with free water.

Sometimes the woods beyond the vines look like a tropical rain forest.

Now the grass will start growing again, which means mowing will likely happen sometime during the week. I also have get the trimmers out and clip the hazelnut hedge. That's a morning's job, but it needs to be dry when I do it.

2 comments:

  1. We had ran on and off all day yesterday-- every 30 minutes to an hour, we'd get a big downpour. It was crazy.
    Glad I don't have to water the plants, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your green landscape

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!