Saturday, June 27, 2015

What's on tv

I have not set up the scanner in my temporary workspace, so I don't have this week's tv program cover to show you. No matter, because what's on tv this week is Wimbledon. Starting Monday, we'll have two weeks of grass-court grand-slam tennis to watch. Here's a gratuitous shot of our vegetable garden.

This used to be four separate plots, but this year we combined them all into one.

The garden got a late start this year, but everything is growing. Many of the tomato plants are making blossoms now. There are even tiny cucumbers and zucchini on their respective plants. It's very dry right now, so I water the garden by hand with a watering can. That way I only water the vegetable plants and the weeds have a hard time.

4 comments:

  1. Whew, that's lots of watering by can!

    We've already had our first big (green) tomato stolen, and half eaten, by a squirrel. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can spare the time during Wimbledon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me laugh with the juxtaposition of Wimbledon with "a gratuitous shot of our vegetable garden". It looks good, too. Hope you have a bountiful harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your gardening updates.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!