Thursday, June 23, 2011

Row, row, row your boat

This is a view of the Cher River not far from where we live. It's right at the Château de Chenonceau. We walked along the left bank with our friends from California to look at the castle. The walk is free, but you can't go inside the building or into the gardens that are on the right bank from there.

Rowin' on the river.

On our way back from the castle to the car, I noticed this guy rowing up river against the current. He looked to be in his fifties or sixties and he was moving right along. He must be in great shape!

Our day was full of fun and I'm sure Ken will chronicle it. I have some photos that I'll post over the next few days, along with any new ones I take while the friends are here (until Saturday). We got home from our day out around seven last night and had a dinner of coq au vin and talked and laughed into the wee hours.

And I understand a football (soccer) match was watched (online) long after I retired for the night.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you are enjoying the time with your friends. Good friends and coq au vin! What more could you ask for?
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, what more can you ask for!?

    It does sound like your friends are surely enjoying a fabulous time with you two. Enjoy!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friendly hospitality is evident by your comments, Walt.
    It is so much fun when long-distance friends come to visit - there is always so much to get caught up on!
    I'm sure they have thoroughly enjoyed your inviting home, gardens and touring around your locale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mark, we are having a great time. Ken had made the coq au vin the day before and it was terrific!

    judy, n'est-ce pas!

    mary, and we're doing a lot of catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are the lucky and grateful recipients of Walt's hospitality (and Ken's). Having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!