Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Make tracks, part two

This small field was mowed a few weeks ago. Now the grasses are growing back, but you can clearly see the tracks that the tractor made when it pulled the mower over the previously tall growth. The grasses, wildflowers, and small shrubs were waist-high before they were cut down.

Tractor tracks in the grass.

Our temperatures are on a slow upward trend. I'm really hoping that as we move into September we'll get better weather. Of course, the south of France is having sunny skies with highs in the 80s F. That must be where summer is spending it's vacation this year.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like this farmer did the mowing after one too many glasses of wine at lunch. In any case, it make for an interesting design. I like those subtle colors too.
    In answer to your question the other day about the château de Menars, the best I can find on the web is that it is NOT open to the public. I'm glad you asked me, as I would have disappointed to return there for naught. It's too bad as the photos of it and its gardens I see on the web are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's sunny in the south of France but it wasn't here all summer. Plenty of storms and rain here too.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!