Saturday, March 21, 2015

What's on tv

This is a sad cover with the photos of the three French athletes killed along with seven others in a recent helicopter accident in Argentina. The television news reports are now about the funerals and memorial services. I suspect that reality television has never been so real.

Under the photos it says, "They died for a game."

What not to watch this week. Our tv magazine rates shows and movies using a star system: one star is ok, four stars is best. They use another symbol for really bad movies: the red dot. It means "à zapper" (change the channel!). The editors often include comments about the movie that make me laugh.

Another catastrophe: this time it's "Christmas Icetastrophe." I actually look these American films up on the internet to get their original titles and to read what they're about just to see how the French synopsis compares. This movie's title was modified to drop the word "Christmas," although I don't know why. It doesn't help. Similar to last week's disaster, this film features meteorites.

Christmas Icetastrophe. American made-for-tv movie. Directed by J. Winfrey, 2014. First showing.
With Victor Webster, Jennifer Spence, and Ben Cotton.
When a piece of a meteorite crashes into a small American town, it provokes a deep freeze that threatens the lives of the inhabitants.
This is a production without inspiration or a storyline, filled with clichés that the actors don't even try to make convincing.
For adults and teenagers over ten.

2 comments:

  1. Walt, I find this weekly glimpse of crappy TV very enjoyable. I notice a lot of these films are American. I feel lucky that I've never heard of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think this American film was designed to scare French audiences? I may have to order one from Netflix soon.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!