Monday, December 18, 2017

A Saint Louis cardinal

Here's a new ornament for this year's holiday tree. It's a cardinal from Saint Louis, Missouri, brought to us by our friend Judy (Seine Judeet) when she visited last summer. Ken and I met Judy back in 1981 in Paris. She was on the same study abroad program that I was on all those years ago. We got back in touch through the internet and had a great time getting re-acquainted.

We don't have cardinals in France, except for this one. It looks great on the tree!

Judy became a French teacher and has had a wonderful career. I shouldn't say "had" because she's still at it. Thanks for the memories and the ornament, Judy! Come back and see us again!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful ornament. So glad I've gotten to know Judy through blogging (and you).

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12, almost 13 years ago, I was on a walk in the Mount Auburn Cemetery, just outside Boston. I saw a cardinal and an oriole. The baseball fan in me was happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww! What a big smile I have on my face!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a fondness for cardinals also. They are Kentucky's state bird.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!