Friday, December 15, 2017

Gray days

It's typical: we get amazingly clear skies in the hours before sunrise, then the gray comes back for most of the daylight hours. There was still a good wind blowing through the night last night. Tasha got up and down several times and, at one point, was barking at a noise. I heard the noise a few times, too, but I don't know what it was. It could have been an animal outside, or a car horn in the distance. Tasha growled and barked for a few minutes, but the noise stopped and we all went back to sleep. Sort of.

Another gray morning.

My plan for the day is to drag the holiday tree from its box and set it up, string the lights, and hang the baubles. I'll see how far I get.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe your plan will inspire me to do the same... maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasha told me that she wants to play hide and seek with Bertie around the tree today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it's time to toss that fake tree and buy a new fake tree that is festooned with lights. Stringing the lights is a job I've never enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's snowing here. I went to the grocery store before it started.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, the lights got into a tangled mess. That doesn't usually happen to me. Ken suggested scissors. I finally got them straightened out and on the tree. Then I stopped for the day.

    evelyn, I keep an eye peeled!

    diane, I have thought about that. Or one of those little ceramic trees with one bulb inside. Maybe I'll save that one for my 70s.

    anne marie, be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!