Thursday, September 26, 2019

More tomatoes

I got out and picked another batch of tomatoes on Wednesday. There are still a lot of tomatoes on the plants. With the weather changing, the ripening process has slowed down some. It will be interesting to see how many more we get.

Most of these will probably end up as sauce or tomato paste.

I also picked another small batch of yellow flat beans. They're not producing as much as they should. I believe the heat waves and dry conditions slowed them down. Beans have always grown well in the garden otherwise. I also picked a few peppers. Ken used them along with some tomatoes in yesterday's lunch.

5 comments:

  1. A good gardening friend told me that if I would put tomatoes face down they would keep and ripen better. I think she was right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this time of year when it is a race for the last of the produce to ripen and we beg for one more day of warmth to make that happen. Then the satisfaction of all we have harvested and stored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, I hope so!

    thickethouse, something to try!

    judy, for sure. :)

    sillygirl, yes!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!