Sunday, September 29, 2019

Relations

I call these tall sunflower-like plants Jerusalem artichokes, but in fact I think they are some related variety. They don't produce tubers that are big enough to eat (unfortunately!). But they look so very similar. Early fall is their time for flowering. I got these from a neighbor who was having them dug out of her garden many years ago. They're very invasive plants.

A close-up of a Jerusalem artichoke flower. These, as you may recall, are planted in front of our garden shed.

Ken and I enjoy eating topinambours, as they're called in French, when they're in season, which is fall and winter. I'll be looking for them in the markets now.

6 comments:

  1. almost impossible to find in markets here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice macro lens, Walt, and lovely picture/bokeh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A glorious photo. Luminous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are lovely regardless what we call them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. melinda, I wondered about that.

    mitch, there was wind blowing so I had to use a fast shutter to stop the action.

    elgee, the lens is a 100mm macro. It does a good job.

    emm, thanks!

    michael, as long as we don't call them triffids! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!