Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Kitchen Collection [36]

Back when we lived in San Francisco, Ken and I had our kitchen remodeled. It was a big job because we had walls removed, which necessitated adding a beam under the floor for support. We had the original 1960s kitchen stripped to the studs, with new plumbing for water and gas plus all new wiring.

The decor included cherry cabinets, oak hardwood flooring, granite counter tops, and all stainless steel appliances with black accents. Many of our kitchen tools were also black and/or stainless steel, completing the "look."

Which brings us to today's topic : the stainless tea kettle. When I saw this black and stainless model I knew it would be the perfect accent for the stove top. Now, of course, its place is in our French kitchen and it fits right in. I guess that's a plug for the versatility of black and stainless steel - it blends into most any decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!