Monday, August 27, 2007

Needles And Pumpkins

The daily vineyard walks with the dog continue. I've said this before, but we're spending a lot of time at home right now because we can't yet leave Callie alone, and she's still not used to riding in the car. So we take pictures in the vineyards and fields and woods while on our walks.

A close up of some pine needles.

I'm amazed at how many things there are to see when you start looking. I've been looking at this vineyard now for four years, and I still see things that I hadn't noticed before. Or I see them in a different season, or in different light.

A view across the Cher River valley.

Then there's the opportunity to experiment with the camera. I'm still working on the best way to do close-ups. So many failures. A few successes. Part of the fun is in messing with the pictures when I get them onto the computer. I can correct lighting, re-frame, and do other tricks that can make the photos more interesting.

Flowers give way to seeds.

Summer is ending, although you could argue that it never actually began this year. Leaves are starting to turn and plants are setting their seeds. A lot of acorns and chestnuts are making their appearances. The apple trees are heavy with fruit. Our pumpkins are turning orange.

The pumpkins in our garden.

I wonder if the coming winter will be just more of the same blah, mild weather, or if it will be colder than normal. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!