Friday, August 10, 2007

Puppy Pic Of The Week

You might think I'm sleeping, but I can still hear you.

Callie takes a few naps every day. And let me tell you : we look forward to those naps. There's usually a short nap after the morning walk and breakfast, but we can't count on it. A long nap happens just around lunch time when we're working in the kitchen and eating. Then there's often a short nap after the afternoon walk and just before we settle in for evening TV.

In between, it's full speed, jump, chew, run, chew, dig, chew, bark, and chew. She's especially rambunctious in the evening. Or maybe we just notice it more because we're winding down.

And she's slowly destroying all her favorite chew toys. A trip to the pet store will soon be in order.

I know I'll get no sympathy from those of you who've had or have toddlers. I'm thinking of Amy H. right now. But I'm not really looking for sympathy anyway. I take comfort in the fact that I don't have to deal with diapers.

At any rate, Callie doesn't know it yet but she has an appointment in early September to be spayed. On va la faire opérer in French, which is a euphemism for on va la stériliser. Either way you slice it (pun intended), she's going under the knife again.

3 comments:

  1. I love my doggies! However, when they are napping they are the BEST ever. I enjoy the times that they nap tremendously. But they, as you said, do not miss a beat. They will here a ziploc bag open from the other side of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!Isn't she the cutest thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. mp, if Callie's asleep she can hear a broom move across the floor from anywhere in the house. She loves to chase the broom.

    claude, yes !

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!