Sunday, November 02, 2014

Le Nid

That means "the nest" and is the name of the gîte (vacation house) that we rented in Burgundy. As you can see, it was very cozy, but very comfortable, and we enjoyed our three nights there. The stairs were steep and the ceiling in the loft was quite low. We both bumped our heads more than once.

The living area had a big sofa and nice chairs, and we had internet access and television.

Callie couldn't climb the stairs so she slept on the couch where you see her in the photo. We brought one of her big towels so that she wouldn't get too much hair on the sofa. The kitchen was well equipped and we ate most of our meals in the house. That's much more economical than going out all the time, and with the dog, it's much easier.

The kitchen was small but nice, with everything we needed. That door on the right goes into the bathroom, the stairs go up to the loft bedroom.

The owners lived in a big house right next door. They were a very nice retired couple, and the man used to work near where we live, so he knew our area. We enjoyed the stay and the accommodations and would recommend it to anyone interested. I needed to use my wide angle lens to get these shots, but it's the only time I used it on the trip.

11 comments:

  1. This hous is fantastic small but comfortable and contains all you need. Real paradise. I love those places..

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word...
    "Cosy"...
    describes it...
    very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sleeping in a loft. Our Swedish friends had one with even steeper steps. I also like cosy and I bet Callie did too. The Internet was a plus and is becoming widespread nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walt,

    What a cozy getaway! Very comfortable looking. I wish I could rent something like this when I visit my friend Pat in Toronto. I love it! Thanks for sharing.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ron, you probably could. Most big cities have apartments available for short-term rentals.

      Delete
  5. Ahhh.... it is this one. Out of curiosity, I had googled around to find possible gîtes in the town where you said you stayed, and this one kept popping up. What specific town was it that you went to Bourgogne to see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judith

      I did like you but I had noticed the name MÔLAY on the image of the week :-)

      Delete
    2. I did realize that you stayed in Môlay, but I was thinking that you were specifically visiting another town, and just found a good little gîte in nearby Môlay.

      Delete
    3. judy, the goal was to be near Chablis, even though we didn't spend a lot of time in town.

      Delete
  6. Comfy place :-)
    BTW: Nice pic - is it a new hairdoo and pair of glasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. t.b., just a haircut and the same old glasses.

      Delete

Tell me what you think!