Saturday, April 20, 2019

A last look at Arlempdes

This is the view of the tiny town of Arlempdes from the walkway that leads up to the castle ruins. You can see the back side of the church's clocher-mur (bell tower wall) in the center. There was very little activity in town -- we saw one guy doing some work outside the town's café/restaurant and the arrival of a fuel-oil delivery truck.

Arlempdes in March, almost a ghost town. I think it's more animated in summer.

The dermatologist visit went well. I had one kératose (keratosis, a pre-cancerous growth) removed from my temple, which is why I went in the first place, and another non-threatening growth removed from a place nobody can see. Both were removed with liquid nitrogen, essentially freezing them. I got the standard admonishment to use plenty of sunscreen all the time, and to come in for more regular checkups. It turns out my last visit was back in 2007. She wants to see me every two to three years. Well, that's no skin off my back. Oh, wait...

5 comments:

  1. Haa haaaa haaa :)
    Geeze, I've never been to a dermatologist. I probably should.
    Glad you got these taken care of.
    Excellent Arlempdes photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all went well. Sunscreen yada yada yada. Beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am glad the dermMD went well/could have been worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. judy, we have one "dermato" in our area, so getting an appointment can take up to 6 months. I was lucky this time it only took a few weeks. We figure she must have had a cancellation.

    mitch, I do wear a hat when I'm outside. Most of the time.

    michael, I was worried about the keratosis, but the DR apparently got it in time. She was not worried about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news! I need to see a dermatologist, too. Also takes a long time around here.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!