Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Looking down

Here's another view from the heights of the Mont Saint-Michel. What caught my eye was the little boat on the empty beach. From what I can tell, the building is la caserne des Fanils (the Fanils barracks) on the western side of the island.

The former military barracks called "Fanils," part of the western defensive wall. Digitized color slide, January 1992.

Now that the firewood is stacked, it's time to look to cutting the grass. I think I may do the north forty today. I don't have to pick up apples to cut that section. It's another of my mantras: One thing a day. I'll save the apples for another day.

But I may go out and look for a few good apples and make a tart. That would make two things today. Bonus! Most of the apples on the ground are bruised or partially picked at by birds searching for insects. There are a few good ones, though, not to mention those still on the trees.

3 comments:

  1. Fascinating view. I think I’ll water the south 40 today. Or maybe it’s the southeast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get carried away and do more than two Good Things! There are limits! I usually stop at one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, a compass! Your kingdom for a compass!

    sillygirl, two is my limit. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!