Friday, October 27, 2023

A glimpse

I've mentioned a few times that Ken and I were heading toward the cathedral on our walk through central Angloulême. After leaving the Carnot monument, we caught a glimpse of it: the dome over the transept and the bell tower poking up above the neighborhood.

Looking up the Rempart Desaix toward the cathedral.

The Cathédrale Saint-Pierre d'Angoulême, built in the romanesque style, was completed in the twelfth century. The bell tower was completely reconstructed in the nineteenth century. All according to Wikipedia.

7 comments:

  1. This glimpse is so inviting. I'd love to be walking there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you two enjoyed this getaway, despite the unexpected issues that popped up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a lovely place to stroll.
    BettyAnn
    ps For some reason I’m not able to comment on Ken’s blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty Ann, that happened to me. I had to download Google Chrome- I already had google mail.

      Delete
  4. mitch, it helped that the weather was great.

    judy, we did, overall. The trip home was a bit nerve-wracking, but we made it.

    bettyann, this commenting thing is a real pain. I couldn't comment on my own blog for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve always used Google Chrome to read Ken’s and Walt’s blogs. Hmmmm….. don’t know what’s going on.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoot, I thought I was replying to Evelyn.
      BettyAnn

      Delete

Tell me what you think!