Monday, October 30, 2023

La rue d'Arc

As we approached the cathédrale St.-Pierre d'Angoulême, I noticed this little street and decided to take it. It's easier to have the dog on the little streets that have less traffic than the larger ones. It led us right to the back side of the cathedral.

La rue d'Arc, Angoulême

The weather people are talking about a storm on Thursday that will bring very high winds. I am not looking forward to that. We'll spend the next day or so putting away anything outside that could blow away.

7 comments:

  1. Charming view. Even the contemporary metal roll-down shutter blends in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the horse- loved Mr ED as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little side jokes are great. It is so clear that we grew up with the same things whirling around us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet that street has some history! // Today, I can enter comments on Walt's blog, but not on Ken's. On Ken's, I wanted to tell Mary in Oregon that I heard Cara Black speak a while back, and the DuLuc Detective Agency was indeed the inspiration for Aimée Leduc's agency in the novels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last comment is from me, Chrissoup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that, Chrissoup - I will pass it on today at our french class meeting! What authors do you enjoy reading? I just finished, Ken Follett's new tomb (720+ pages!) - The Armor of Light. He puts so much history in his books that is fascinating. Also, so much wordplay that is from the time period. His early books took place in France. This one is mostly in England but France is towards the end.

      Delete
  6. Mary in Oregon: Authors I enjoy, so many! Stewart O'Nan, Jennifer Weiner, Richard Russo, Ann Patchett, Louise Erdrich, Annie Proulx, Annie Dillard, Geraldine Brooks, Leif Enger, Ruth Ozeki, Laurie King, Jumpa Lahiri, Kingsolver. Ken Follett: I read Pillars long ago; time to read another of his. -- Chrissoup cpanero@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!