Monday, October 02, 2023

Fly me to the moon

I saw this on Saturday morning's walk with Tasha. The sun was rising in the east and the just-past-full moon was setting in the west. Two airliners (does anyone say "airliner" any more?) heading south passed just above the moon. It looked cooler as it happened than this photo shows. I had to scramble with the DSLR settings before I could shoot. The 50mm prime lens was on the camera so I had no zoom capability.

Once in a while a jet will cross right in front of the moon, but I usually don't have a camera with me when that happens.

Today is predicted to be the hottest of our current Indian summer days at 31ºC (almost 88ºF). After that, temperatures and weather should be more seasonable. I'm going to miss shorts-and-tee-shirts weather.

6 comments:

  1. We're finally experiencing high 70s / low 80s during the day and cool at night. Despite your disappointment, that's a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, me might say say airliner or aeroplane. What's the normal word for them? I forget.
    28C here today, unseasonably warm. It would be too hot but our building hasn't warmed up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool photos. Those airliners are interesting to see --- ha! No, I guess no one in my world, anyway, uses that term anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fly me to the moon
    Let me play among the stars
    And let me see what spring is like
    On a-Jupiter and Mars... ;-)

    Frank Sinatra did it well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonder!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. mitch, a welcome relief, I'm sure!

    andrew, I think that "the plane" is what I normally hear.

    judy, Paris is not far in flying terms. We see a lot of north-south traffic up there.

    jan, :)

    evelyn, :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!