Saturday, October 28, 2023

The bell tower in black and white

As we got closer to the cathedral, the views changed. We ended up walking around the building, but not going in. With Tasha in tow, we'd have to go inside one at a time, the other keeping the dog occupied. Since Ken didn't have his camera, he wasn't all that interested in seeing inside. And, while I'm sure it's an impressive sight, I've seen a few cathedrals in my time. Still, walking around the building, and through the neighborhood, was good.

Le clocher, cathédrale de Saint-Pierre d'Angoulême.

This morning we woke up to gusty wind and some rain. I'm planning to go to the market this morning for some egg rolls from the Asian vendor, to have with today's lunch of a shrimp and snow pea stir-fry. That is, unless the weather gets worse. I'm also going to make a supermarket run. And tonight is the night we turn our clocks back an hour. The excitement never ends!

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shot in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just curious. Is lunch your main meal? You seem to put such effort into it as if it is.
    I hope you sleep well and take advantage of that extra hour, stolen some time last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ready for an extra hour, but will wait one more week. The tower is clear as a bell lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a great looking clocher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No sleep for the wicked! Next week, it just means I have to get up earlier to give my cat his insulin (once every 12 hours) ...so I have slowly been moving it up (30" behind already).This is not easy on anyone. Enjoy your extra hour everyone else.

    I like the photo you created using the shadow to focus the eye on the slanted rooflines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mitch, thanks!

    andrew, yes, our lunch is the main meal of the day, with often some little snack or leftovers in the evening.

    evelyn, haha!

    judy, :)

    mary, it's hard to explain Daylight Saving Time, and its end, to pets!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!