Saturday, October 21, 2023

L'hôtel de ville

This is part of the massive city hall building in Angoulême. With the 50mm lens on the camera, this is the widest view I could get from where I stood. I just didn't feel like changing lenses during our walk. The other limiting factor is that the farther I got from the building in an attempt to get more of it in the shot, the less of it I could see because of other buildings in the way.

Two distinct architectural styles in this shot of the Angoulême city hall.

All this has started me thinking again about a short zoom lens. I used one on my last camera, but it's from a different line of Canon lenses and it doesn't work with the 6D that I've got now (my other lenses do). I could carry two cameras around with me, but that seems kind of crazy. Besides, I've got the phone. It has a wider angle. I just wasn't thinking about it when I took this picture.

5 comments:

  1. The lighting and detail is beautiful. I'll just imagine the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those interesting shapes in the openings for the windows. That's just great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Those openings really attracted my eyes, as well! Walt - what is the terminology used to describe window openings like that? (with your background - I am counting on your knowledge !)

      Delete
  3. mitch, :)

    judy, mary, I'd call them "encadrements" or "cadres." Frames in english.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!