Sunday, June 02, 2019

Summer flowers

The wildflowers I'm seeing out on my walks with Tasha are transitioning from springtime flowers to summertime flowers. The tall grasses are being cut here and there, but patches remain and so do many of the flowers.

I don't know what it's called, but I think it's a member of the umbellifer family, like wild carrot.

We're expecting rain over the next few days, so today is a day to get some more garden work done. I have kale and pepper seedlings to put out and I want to spray the tomatoes with a mold preventative before it gets wet out there. I got a bunch of little basil seedlings at the market on Saturday and I want to get them transplanted into pots for the deck.

4 comments:

  1. We call it Queen Ann's lace here in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same on the East Coast. Points to Walk for knowing the flower family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whimsy2, emm, they do indeed look like Queen Anne's Lace. There are so many varieties of wild carrot out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo is aglow. Great capture.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!