Saturday, June 08, 2019

Survivor

We found a rose planted in this not-so-glamorous location next to the clothesline pole when we moved here. Not long after that, I dug it up and moved it to a new spot, but some roots must have stayed behind and, surprisingly, re-sprouted. Now, many years later, it's looking like this. I figure that if it wants to live there, I'd better let it.

A spindly rose survives next to the clothesline at the house's northwest corner.

The wind howled all day on Friday. Our neighbors actually took down the barnum (party tent) they had put up last weekend so it wouldn't blow down. I imagine they'll put it back up today as their weekend party gets under way. What a pain! The wind has died down now, but rain is predicted for Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Wow cyclonic winds there, too! That rose deserves to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mitch, LOL. Here they're called "les vents cycloniques." :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!