Friday, June 07, 2019

Snow peas

This is the second harvest of snow peas from our plants out in the garden this season. I didn't think to take a photo of the raw peas; only after I steamed them did it occur to me. We made a shrimp and snow pea stir-fry with, as you can see, baby corn for lunch on Thursday. It was a great success.

Snow peas are called "pois gourmands" in French.

There are still a lot of small pea pods and blossoms on those plants, so we're looking forward to more good stir-fries in the coming weeks. The rest of the garden is doing well so far. I can see the tomatoes growing every day, and the yellow flat beans are going to start climbing their trellis any day now.

5 comments:

  1. And so it begins, first feasts from the newly planted garden 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was 'cooking discussion' day Wednesday on NPR. I thought of you because the topic was peas, more specifically, pizza with pea tendrils and fresh peas. The guest says she makes a white pizza, tosses the tendrils and peas (in whatever form on hand) in a little olive oil and makes them the topping along with whatever. Seems to me your snow peas would be perfect, and you must have lots of leafy tendrils too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A single Sugar Snap plant volunteered in my garden. We enjoyed the crop (five pods) as a raw appetizer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. evelyn, and we've been eating a lot of chard left over winter from last year!

    sheila, it never occurred to me to eat the tendrils. I'll have to look that up.

    chris, waste not, want not! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!