Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Rainy day

Well, the predicted thunderstorms with possible hail did not materialize on Tuesday evening. Thankfully. We had a short rain squall during the night that got me up to close a couple of windows. This morning it's raining lightly, and I see that the forecast rain totals for the day have been significantly reduced.

The clary sage around the well is blooming now. There's also some variety of iris that just grows there (we didn't plant it).

We're still waiting for the contractors to start work on the upstairs bathroom. They said début juin (the beginning of June). That's now, but we haven't heard anything. I'm sure things will get going all of a sudden and I'll say "what was I worried about?"

3 comments:

  1. Glorious sage and iris. What well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photos of the clary. I was hoping for a more intense blue or violet. I'm interested to see how long the plants stay nice and green like that. In their present state they are certainly great screening or background plants. As Mitch says, what well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, wanna see me make a well disappear? ;)

    sheila, they stayed green all last winter, but they were much smaller plants then with only a few leaves each. My, how they've grown!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!