Sunday, September 16, 2007

Evening Light

The nice clear days we've been having are great for evening light. The shadows are long, the light is jaunâtre (yellow-ish), and it all makes for a very pretty sunset.

The view of our neighbors' place from our deck in the evening as the sun goes down.

And the sun is setting earlier now. It's dark before 9 pm. I also just realized that the equinox is this coming week, which means fall's official arrival. Oh well, we're having the best week of the entire summer right now, so I can't really complain.

I couldn't resist a close-up of the fire hydrant. I don't think the camera caught the really intense orange-red glow it had for just a fleeting moment as the sun hit it, but this is close.

Bon dimanche ! (Happy Sunday !)

3 comments:

  1. Hasn't this weather been wonderful? It makes getting back to work so much more pleasant...

    ReplyDelete
  2. At long last, we have lovely weather, and I think we deserve it after such a lousy summer. I was near Blois a couple of days ago and enjoyed the evening light a lot, too.
    Splendid photos, Walt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the light you're talking about except when I have to drive with the sun's rays hitting my eyes at the angle it gets this time of year.

    That sunlight can make autumn leaves look like they are on fire.

    We've got cool morning air here also.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!