Thursday, September 06, 2007

Sunshine On My Shoulders

No idea what this is called, but there it is.

Well, you take it where you can get it. The sun has been out the past few days and it's been glorious. Except that it's not really warm. Oh, that. Check out the "Newsiness" item in the sidebar for our recent lows. The weather seriously feels like fall, and it's still technically summer. But I'll take the sun anyway.

Chain, chain, chain...

Ken took off to Paris yesterday to see our friend CHM. I'm hanging out at home with Callie. She's not a travelin' gal just yet. I made an apple tart to pass the time and have something yummy to eat. There were a few apples just sitting on the counter that we had picked off the tree on Monday. They would have gone bad, so I threw together a crust and voilà.

Miss Daisy.

So here are more photos from our walks out in the vineyard. The grape harvest hasn't started yet, but I'm sure it won't be long before the harvesters are out there. And next week, Ken's sister gets here. Oh, and then hunting season will start toward the end of the month.

I thought this was nice.

This morning an old woman parked behind our garden gate just as Callie and I were leaving for our walk (around 07h15). She grabbed three baskets out of her car and headed back behind our property. We exchanged hellos, she met Callie, then we were off. I don't know what she was going to pick. Apples ? Blackberries ? Mushrooms ? I didn't think to ask and it would have been indiscret anyway. She was gone when we got home.

This almost looks like something edible. I wonder.

The seasons, they are a-changin'. :)

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! You have a great eye.
    Glad to hear you're enjoying some sun. I hope it lasts for a while. You didn't get enough this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots, Walt. I love the layered colors on the 4th picture. The first one reminds me of a spider mum, but I can't tell from the leaves if it is. Isn't that last one a succulent of some kind?

    Yum... apple tart (for the guy who supposedly isn't much for sweets)! Wish I could have a taste.

    Hope you can see more of the US Open in the final days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, thanks ! I'm enjoying the new site (Like to Cook), it's fun.

    ginny, merci. I'll have to look up spider mum on the web to check it out. No, that last one isn't a succulent, it's closer to a dandelion.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!