Friday, May 13, 2011

Give me your answer do

It certainly feels like summer has come early. Even with our current cooler temperatures, the plants out around the vineyard seem advanced, summery. The donkey paddock is filled with wildflowers. The acacia blooms are dropping. The daisies are out in force. The only things missing are the wild chicory and the wild carrot (Queen Anne's lace).

A wild daisy out among the grape vines.

There has still been no rain to speak of for nearly two months. Everything is quite dry, at least drier than normal. We'll be getting our vegetable garden into the ground during the coming week and we'll have to take special care to keep it well watered.

UPDATE: Now it's Saturday morning and I woke up to rain! We're having a decent rainfall right now. Callie and I got soaked on our walk, but we didn't care. The plants need it. It's supposed to be tapering off by mid-day. We'll take every little bit we can get right now.

I'm sorry for those of you who left comments on Thursday's post. They seem to have disappeared for now. Maybe they'll be restored, but I don't know. It looks like Blogger is recovering, slowly, but recovering.

8 comments:

  1. Hello:
    We too love to see these wild daisies in summer although, as you say, everything seems to be much earlier this year and that after the very harsh winter. Good about the rain.

    We too lost nearly twenty comments but at least, unlike some others, our post did not disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that photo's a "framer" for sure!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. Yes, Blogger really pissed me off. It took my final post and turned it back into a draft. I had to recreate it. A few months ago, Fred installed Intense Debate onto my Blog. With that, eventhough I had to fix my post, all of my comments were saved. I would have been really upset because I love the interaction.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful daisy picture to enjoy as I have my morning coffee. Glad you got some pluie, finalement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to have a daisy in my face instead of an ugly fly! Thanks blogger for the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder who's so pissed at Blogger that they keep screwing with it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. j&l, it seems as though the comments are gone for good!

    mark, like they say, you get what you pay for... ;)

    diogenes, some pluie is better than none!

    cheryl, I thought the fly was cute!

    starman, good question.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous. Our horrible winter has turned into a depressingly cool and wet spring. I feel as if I'm about to grow gills there has been so much rain this spring.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!