Friday, July 06, 2012

Good-bye to Provincetown

Our few hours at the tip of Cape Cod came to an end. It was nice to see the place I've read so much about and I'd like to go back one day. But there's already too much on my "one day" list. I guess you can't do it all.

I don't know who they are, but they're in my picture.

The drive back to Hyannis was uneventful and I probably slept most of the way. Ken drove. I woke up just as we were getting close to our turn, but we missed it anyway and had to double back. We opened up the bottle of wine we bought and had a glass or two before bed. Well, not a glass; a plastic hotel cup.

The next morning we would drive up to Boston for our evening flight home, but we had a few stops to make along the way first.

10 comments:

  1. Another one who appreciates the plastic hotel cup :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing wrong with wine from plastic [or beer from plastic for that matter]... just so long as it is not stored in the damn stuff!
    But the plastic has got to be strong enough to hold... ETAP plastic cups split as you try and get them out of their ultra-strong polyethelene wrapper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Torrey Pines kicks ass!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope I'll be there soon..with some trip just as u are

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, you are a good and informative travel blogger :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it is clear that one of those boys in your picture is Irish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy, I hope that means that we get a few more photos before you board that plane home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm enjoting your posts around Cape Cod. A friend is having a holiday there in August so I've sent her a link.

    Better to drink out of a plastic cup than the bottle!! Although in my younger days I wasn't always so choosy ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plastic cups are necessary in motel/hotel rooms for me! But I've definitely had them split for me when I opened the package - boohoo.
    I agree with The Beaver - I love to read about your travels, Walt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos remind me how much I like New England. It's so much like Europe. If only the weather.....

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!