Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The castle walls

The banner photo (above) was taken from a distance, across some fields looking approximately northward toward the Château de Montpoupon. These next pictures offer a closer view, both of the exterior walls built in the medieval fortified style, and the interior renaissance facade on the courtyard side.

Built in the style of a medieval fortress (this is not the original medieval building).

The courtyard side of the main building, still inhabited today.

9 comments:

  1. Gosh almighty, Walt... have I ever told you how much I love your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. stephen, yes you have, and please don't stop. :)

      Delete
  2. We were there one day and the Comte lent out the first floor window on the front of the square tower to talk to us. I suspect it's his office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about the banner photo a few days ago, when I noticed you'd changed the banner. It's beautiful. I could see it used as a backdrop in a movie. Not quite sure why that popped into mind, but that is what it made me think of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure beats the McMansions they're building a few blocks from me!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those two photos reflect quite a change in times. The old fortifications are like our gated communities now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're getting some good weather at last. May it continue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I've several look-alikes during le Tour de France.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!