Sunday, September 27, 2015

I'm not done

I found and messed with another one of the old Paris slides, so my speculation on Friday about being done was premature. Ha. The pyramid entrance at the Louvre was relatively new back when I took these shots, and the rehab of the Richelieu wing of the museum had just been completed and I wanted to see it. I took a bunch of photos around the glass pyramids and this is one of them.

It looks like it's leaning to one side, doesn't it? I tried to fix it.

I've been into the Louvre several times, but I know I haven't even seen half of what there is to see. Back in 1981 I saw the biggies: Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, Winged Victory, and all that. I've seen the excavations of the foundations of the medieval Louvre castle. I've wandered through the Egyptian antiquities section. And, of course, the sculpture hall and galleries of the Richelieu wing (though not all).

4 comments:

  1. Hard to believe the pyramid entrance has been there for so many years now. And I STILL haven't been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mitch, you need to get to Paris!

    gosia, yes! It's amazing.

    michael, moi aussi.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!