Saturday, September 12, 2015

What's on tv

Rugby World Cup! It starts up toward the end of the week; France plays Italy on Saturday next. Our television program has a profile of France's team, a review of the top five national teams, and the full schedule of televised matches. I like rugby, but I don't watch much, usually because I'm watching tennis. I also have still not really figured out the rules. But it's fun to watch!

World Rugby (15 players/team), not to be confused with Rugby League (13 players/team).

What NOT to watch this week. Our tv magazine rates shows and movies using a star system: one star is ok, four stars is best. They use another symbol for really bad movies: the red dot. It means "à zapper" (change the channel!). The editors often include comments about the movie that make me laugh.

This week's bomb has Christian Slater in it, which surprises me because I normally like the films he's in. Oh well, I suppose everyone has a bad day now and then. Or, just don't make a movie where the director's last name is the same as your first name; leads to confusion. The film's English title is "Stranded."

Invasion sur la lune (Moon Invasion). Canadian/British made-for-tv movie. Directed by Roger Christian, 2013.
With Christian Slater, Brendan Fehr, and Amy Matysio.
A moon base, partially destroyed by a meteorite shower, is invaded by an extraterrestrial life form.
 A bomb in which Christian Slater attempts, unsuccessfully, to make us overlook a stupid story line and less-than-convincing special effects.
For adults and teenagers kids over 12.

2 comments:

  1. I love your "what's on TV" posts. I've read similar reviews of "Stranded." But I wonder if teenagers UNDER 12 would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mitch, glad you enjoy them. I'm debating whether or not to continue. As for "teenagers over twelve," well, that's what I get for not thinking things all the way through. Something to do with fluenticity, I suppose. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!