Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The pause that refreshes

It's weird to go into media blackout, even if it's for less than twenty-four hours, not reading blogs, newspapers, or watching television news, all to avoid hearing who won the men's final in New York. But it worked. I had a good time watching the match yesterday afternoon. I must admit, I was rooting for Roger, but Novak played very well and Roger stumbled a bit. Still, a good match.

Having a drink in the Latin Quarter in the '90s. Those are French Francs on the table. Now everything's in Euros.

I had a little trouble with the recording. The match started much later than I expected and, even though I programmed a bunch of extra time, my recording ended about half-way through the match. Fortunately, the channel that broadcast the match over night was repeating it yesterday afternoon, and I was able to pick up just about where my recording ended and finish watching. Very lucky.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I hate when that happens with a recording. I guess it allowed you some extra nap time, though, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very happy for you. No, really... very happy... seriously happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the photo is neat with a beet as they say in my household.

    ReplyDelete
  4. judy, truly a pain. But this wasn't during the final where I had the trouble. Some earlier match.

    evelyn, :)

    mitch, really?

    michael, oh, now I'm going to start saying that.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!