Friday, August 12, 2016

The Guggenheim

After our wonderful lunch, L and I made our way over to the Guggenheim Museum. There was a line to get in, but it wasn't very long. As we waited, I took the opportunity to take some pictures.

My first glimpse of the famous museum as we approached 5th Avenue along East 88th Street.

It turns out that the Guggenheim Museum was opened in this building in 1959. That makes it exactly my age, as I was opened in the same year.


A couple views of the museum building from the outside.


2 comments:

  1. I was actually in that building in 1969, on my one and only visit to NY.
    Now whenever the gallery is mentioned I can't stop myself thinking of that Woody Allen line ('Annie Hall'? 'Manhattan'?) about rollerskating down it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. raybeard, I think it may have been "Annie Hall," but I'm not sure. New York has changed a lot since 1969!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!