Thursday, August 19, 2021

Fly away

If I'm not mistaken, these are centaurées (knapweed). The purple flowers are gone and the seeds are taking to the air with their fluffy parachutes. It's a sure sign that summer is winding down and fall is approaching.

The flower heads look like little pineapples.

We're in one of those classic weather situations. The forecast says "today" will be chilly, but that temperatures will climb back to hot "tomorrow." When "tomorrow" becomes "today," it's still chilly. But the forecasts once again promise us that "tomorrow" will be hot. Rinse and repeat.

4 comments:

  1. I immediately saw miniature pineapples. Great photo (but then I could tell you that every day). I wonder if there’s anywhere in the world where forecasters forecasts are spot on. We had good rain showers overnight Monday — except we didn’t. 89 percent humidity this morning (but they’ve now DROPPED to 82).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been an odd summer, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realized today that it's mid-August, and it feels as if there's been endless summer and no summer, all in one.
    Waiting for the crop report on those figs, and what you do with them. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, yikes! That's humid.

    judy, summer? Did you say summer? lol

    emm, I'm hoping against hope. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!