Sunday, August 08, 2021

Very neat

This is the front yard of a house in Mennetou-sur-Cher (I think). Everything is impeccable. Not a weed to be seen in the gravel. A nice neat row of blue campanules (bellflower). Our house has gravel paths around it and it's a constant battle against weeds. I wonder how they do it? Better living through chemistry, likely.

Simple elegance. Someone spends a lot of time on this.

I'm surprised our heat hasn't come on this morning. It's about 13ºC (about 55ºF) out there. But don't worry! It's predicted to get summery warm again next week! I'm not bettin' the farm on it.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, my guess is chemistry... or someone excruciatingly anal retentive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the glass umbrella- like awning which are common abroad. I hope you get some warmth soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful but so labor intensive. I can never remember the word for the glass awning that Evelyn mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how much that garden cloth helps, under layers of mulch or stone. But, totally not feasible in a vegetable garden. I bet they have that laid down under the rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impeccable gardens are almost an oxymoron; it is astounding to see one when it happens. Good for them !

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!