Saturday, August 07, 2021

Planeur

I used to see a lot of planeurs (gliders or sailplanes) in the sky above our neighborhood each summer. Since the pandemic, of course, none. Same for hot-air balloons, except I did see one or two in the distance this past spring. The gliders fly in giant circles around warm thermals, sometimes four or five at a time. It's like a silent ballet in the sky.

Un planeur, 2006.

Bert stayed out until about ten-thirty last night. When he came in, he had another mouse. Mmmmm. Tasty.

7 comments:

  1. Aw, did Bert share the mouse with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Mitchell! Bert is quite the mouser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know that I've ever seen a glider in the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gliders remind me of my Dad. He flew them a lot. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those Bert stories!
    L&L

    ReplyDelete
  6. mitch, no, thankfully. He just wants me to acknowledge it. Then he gobbles it up.

    evelyn, he is!

    judy, I'm sure you've never heard one... ;)

    bettyann, :)

    L&L, he's quite the character!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Mouse Police never sleeps.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!